Practice Areas


When mistakes are made, there may be a way to correct them. The avenue for correcting most mistakes that occur in our trial courts and administrative agencies is through a process called an Appeal. Sometimes, corrections can be made in the trial court through Motions to Set Aside Order or Motions for New Trial or Motions for Appropriate Relief (in criminal cases). Other times, the appropriate avenue to correct a mistake is to go to the North Carolina Court of Appeals or to the North Carolina Supreme Court. The time frame for appealing your case varies depending on the type of case it is, but generally the time period is short. If you think a mistake was made in your case and want to discuss appealing the decisions, do not delay. Contact Attorney Mobley immediately to set up a meeting to discuss how and when to proceed to preserve any appellate rights you might have.